Tuesday

Vitamins, Water & Exercise!



Recently I asked a friend to pray for my wife
and myself because everyone around us was
catching
the flu. The friend e-mailed back to
take plenty
of Vitamins, Water & Exercise.



Well, I'm sick of water (doesn't tea contain
any water?). We should all just eat a balanced
meal with lots
of vegetables and exercise when
we feel like
it.



I'm sorry to spoil everyone's expectations
about a long life but the date you die was
picked out BEFORE you were born! Jesus
said in His Book (Job 14:14 & Heb 9:27)
that it is appointed when your death is
to come. You can speed it up by suicide
but then you might just have to sit in a
corner - of heaven - until your appointed
time arrives.



Exercise is fine (I Tim 4:8) if you enjoy
it but otherwise forget it. Look at the face
of most joggers and tell me if they're having
fun. I love competitive sports (tennis, football,
etc.) but do something else if you don't
enjoy it! Just keep your stomach relatively
in shape (Job 40:16) and do not be idle
(Ec 11:16). Instead of killing yourself
with activities you don't enjoy, plant
a garden or built something.



What's so bad about heaven anyway that
Christians today are trying so hard to avoid
it??? Give me Heaven any day over an "old
folks" home or lying in bed for several years!


Personal Factoid:
Played Fullback on High School Football Team

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good piece of chocolate has about 200 calories.
As I enjoy 2 servings per night, and a few more
on weekends, I consume about 3,500 calories of
chocolate in a week, which equals one pound of
weight per week.

Therefore, in the last 3-1/2 years, I have had chocolate
caloric intake of about 180 pounds, and I only weigh
165 pounds.

So... without chocolate, I would have wasted away to
nothing about 3 months ago! I owe my life to chocolate!!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

All the best with the new blog.

Anonymous said...

A man goes to the doctor and tells him that
he hasn't been feeling well. The doctor
examines him, leaves the room and comes
back with three different bottles of pills.

The doctor says, "Take the Big pill with a
big glass of water when you get up. Take the
little pink pill with a big glass of water after lunch.
Then just before going to bed, take the red pill
with another big glass of water."

Startled to be put on so much medicine the
man stammers, "My goodness, doc, exactly
what's my problem?"

Doctor says, "You're not drinking enough water."

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Professor Howdy said...

The recommendation to chug all that H2O was likely based on guidelines published in 1945. However, says Howard Murad, MD, author of The Water Secret, much of your daily requirement is contained in foods: Fruits, vegetables, beans, and cooked whole grains like oatmeal and quinoa (which soak up moisture in the pot) all deliver servings of water. And, as Murad points out, they offer the added bonus of nutrients: "Watermelon and cucumber are more than 90 percent water, but they also contain antioxidants. With a glass of water, all you get is water." You'll know you're hydrated when your urine is colorless or pale yellow and you're rarely thirsty. - Harvard Medical School psychologist Alice Domar, PhD, coauthor of Live a Little! Breaking the Rules Won't Break Your Health.