Comments On "Last Man Standing"
Last Man Standing first aired on October 11, 2011. Wikipedia states: Last Man Standing is an American television sitcom starring Tim Allen and Nancy Travis that currently airs on ABC. The series premiered on October 11, 2011. This is the second sitcom Allen starred on for ABC, the first being Home Improvement, which ran from 1991 to 1999.
The series follows Mike Baxter, a director of marketing at an outdoor sporting goods store in Colorado, whose world is dominated by women -- especially at home with his wife and three daughters, one of whom is a single mother.
* Tim Allen as Mike Baxter, a father of three daughters and the director of marketing of "Outdoor Man", a sporting goods store. He is a so-called "manly-man," and he believes in old-fashioned values.
* Nancy Travis as Vanessa Baxter, Mike's wife. She is very tolerant of Mike's macho behavior.
* Alexandra Krosney as Kristin Baxter, the eldest daughter. She was pregnant with her son, Boyd, during her senior year of high school, and the two still live in the Baxter home. She works at a diner and is usually seen wearing her waitress uniform.
* Molly Ephraim as Mandy Baxter, the second oldest daughter. She is very much into fashion and wants to appear in reality television.
* Kaitlyn Dever as Eve Baxter, the youngest daughter. She is a tomboy and generally has the same interests as Mike.
* Christoph Sanders as Kyle, Mike's younger co-worker at "Outdoor Man". He is very much into feminine things, like romantic comedies. He is dating Kristin.
* Hector Elizondo as Ed Alzate, Mike's boss. Mike usually talks to him about the happenings in his home.
My 16 year old Daughter encouraged me to watch & basically found the show to be enjoyable with only a few negative instances until the last two shows: House Rules which aired on 11/22 & Guess Who's Coming To Dinner 11/29. Billed as a Family Show - the 11/22 episode was basically reasons the girls would be allowed to have premarital sex as long as it was mostly away from home. Nothing was mentioned about STDs, contributing to future marriage breakups, etc.
The 11/29 Episodes had Mom inviting a lesbian couple for dinner with none of the negatives of this type relationship (even though this is a Family Show supposedly) spiced with the three daughters singing about their Racks which is obviously pertaining to their breast (bosoms, busts, chest, fronts, mammary glands, mammillas, nipples, teats or udders - take your pick).
We have come along ways since the days of Ozzie & Harriett & I Love Lucy when even married couples bedrooms usually contained twin beds. What we have to show for our enlightenment is divorce, much higher abortion rate, STDs, suicides, etc. I wonder if anyone would disagree with the statement that if America obeyed the Seventh Commandment 100% that STDs would essentially be eliminated as well as most divorce. If parents (i.e. the family) stayed together, there would be far less crime in our country.
Some feel that God's Book: The Bible is anti-fun but in reality God wants what's best for each of us & wishes for each of us to be able to avoid much of the unfortunate side of life...